10.01.2017

''The One Where Chandler Takes a Bath''


Today I want to write about the TV series which I love most, Friends. The episode we will be discussing belongs to 8th season and it is the 13th episode. I personally think that Friends has a lot of aspects to talk about and I am watching it for second time to find new topics to discuss sometimes. After I realized the feminist apporaches I started to focus on different levels or different aspects so this episode is about one of them.
enhanced-18345-1401737793-1.png
We have also seen for several times Chandler has been in bath tub. This one is just the one I found the most interesting.
We all love Chandler and his creepiness. He is a comic and the funniest of all the group in my opinion. I just love his inappopirate jokes. In this episode, he is again so funny. I should give here a bit plot summary for those of you who may have forgotten.
Monica takes her bath saying it was the most amazing bath with bath salt, music and candles but Chandler says he doesn’t like baths. And the other day Monica prepares him a bath with her best addings and she says ”I’ve got you a boat so it’s a boy bath”. After minutes we see that Chandler is amazed by the relaxing bath and he talks to himself like ”All right this isn’t so bad, I like the flowery smell which is okay because I’ve got my boat”.
images (1)
What I see here is the fact that Chandler makes himself feel like a man and he doesn’t want to be involved with the things that mostly ladies do with the general perception. But we find these scenes very funny and I also find it critical because when Monica asks him about a facial after the bath, he says ”ow I am going to need a bigger boat’. I personally laughed out loud here but it is actually very critical that men relate these kind of things with femininity and they can easily feel insecure about their manhood. As in the example of Chandler Bing, knowing that he has been laughed at several times because people think that he is gay, we understand he is trying to fix his image with having a boat which is hilarious for us but actually a little bit problematic for the man of the time and even today sometimes.
My comments about Friends will contiune because I really find this series timeless. If you have more comments or interpretations please let me know too. I would love to chat about Friends.
Have a fantastic day!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder